Hey wonderful People! It’s Day 2 of our devotional! Let’s Dive right into it!
To Do: Read Proverbs 2
Focus Point: Proverbs 2:16-19
I will be writing from the New Living Translation:
Wisdom will save you from the immoral woman, from the seductive words of the promiscuous woman. She has abandoned her husband and ignores the covenant she made before God. Entering her house leads to death; it is the road to the grave. The man who visits her is doomed. He will never reach the path of life.
The New International Version of the scripture says, “Wisdom will also save you from the adulterous woman”. How plain is the scripture!?? Wives, use wisdom and don’t be adulterous woman that cause men to fall. Husbands, while in the work place, church, out with coworkers, or even the gym, use wisdom when dealing with the opposite sex. I remember one time my husband ordered pizza from Dominoes, a young lady took his order and the same young lady delivered our order. When she called his phone to let him know he was outside, he immediately got me and said, “Babe, could you come out and help me with the pizza?” Now he could have totally handled that by himself, but we make it our business to interact appropriately with the opposite sex when it concerns our marriage.
Both spouses should use wisdom when on social media. Wives, don’t be that wayward woman. As married women, we should watch ourselves at work, at the gym, and how we are interacting on social media.
If either you or your spouse have friends who commit adultery, distance yourself from them and ask God to send you friends that are good for your marriage. Do NOT be unfaithful to one another. Think about your marriage today as you meditate on this scripture and ask God what you can do to make it better. What are you doing to protect your marriage from adultery.
Here are 5 actions to take in order to protect your marriage.
- Spend time investing in your relationship with your spouse. If you want your marriage to grow and flourish, you must invest in it. This means investing time, love, dreaming together, and praying together. Jim’s motto in marriage is to do whatever it takes to make your marriage work.
- Set Boundaries in your marriage.
- We will not go out to eat alone with someone of the opposite sex.
- We will not travel alone with someone of the opposite sex.
- We will not flirt with someone of the opposite sex.
- We will speak often and lovingly about one another. (This is apparently is the best adultery repellent ever.)
- Consider what is at stake. Is it really worth it??
- Spend quality time with God in prayer concerning your spouse.
- Protect your marriage by guarding your eyes and ears.
Affirmation of the day:
My spouse and I are happily married and faithful to one another.
In what ways are you protecting your marriage? Leave a comment and let us know?
Be blessed all day!
Jim and Maine