To Do: Read Proverbs 31
Focus Point: The Entire Chapter
In a society that points us towards everything except Jesus, it is easy for all of us to get pretty discouraged. Proverbs 31 paints a beautiful picture of a woman of God and her unwavering faith. The verses in this chapter describe how a virtuous woman cares for her family and community as well as her work ethic. She is encouraging and supportive and she does not complain as she works tirelessly to provide for her family. She nurtures and builds her household as she is a good steward of her resources and makes wise decisions. She lives with purpose and makes preparations for each day. She is strong enough to complete her duties because she finds strength in the Lord. She perseveres through hard times, even when she may not feel like it and sacrifices her time and her comfort. She is well rounded and is much more than just a wife and mother; she is a provider. She reaches out to the needy and is caring and compassionate to those around her. She does not worry because she trusts in the Lord’s plan for her life. Now that we have come to the end of our series I pray that you are all wiser in your marriages. I am reading the Book The 5 Love Languages right now and it is awesome. I recommend it to anyone who wants to wise up and understand their spouse better.
Here are 17 Characteristics of this Proverbs 31 Woman that I thought stood and the woman that helped me become the Woman I am today.
- VIRTUE – “A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.” vs 10
- FAITHFULNESS-“Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life”. vs 11
- REVERENCE-“She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.” vs 12
- STRENGTH-“She is energetic and strong, a hard worker.” vs 17
- ENDURANCE-“She makes sure her dealings are profitable; her lamp burns late into the night.” vs 18
- Well Rounded- “Her hands are busy spinning thread, her fingers twisting fiber.” vs 19
- CHARITABLE-“She extends a helping hand to the poor and opens her arms to the needy.” vs 20
- PROVIDER-“She has no fear of winter for her household, for everyone has warm clothes”. vs 21
- WELL DRESSED- “She makes her own bedspreads. She dresses in fine linen and purple gowns.” vs 22
- WIFE OF A GOOD HUSBAND-“Her husband is well known at the city gates, where he sits with the other civic leaders”. vs 23
- HONORABLE-“She is closed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future”. vs 26
- WISE-“When she speaks, her words are wise…” vs 26
- KIND-“…and she gives instructions with kindness.” vs 26
- GOOD MOTHER-“She carefully watches everything in her household and suffers nothing from laziness.” vs 27
- PRAISEWORTHY- “Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her. vs 28
- ATTAINS/EXCELS- “There are many virtuous and capable women in the world. But you surpass them all!”
- FEAR OF THE LORD-“Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will greatly praised.” vs 30
Affirmation of the day:
I am a Proverbs 31 Woman!